Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Who Says Chevron Is Over?!

Good morning,

Recently while I was at Marshall's I stumbled across 2 beautiful white and navy blue chevron printed Louis XVI style chairs. I didn't really think I needed them at the time, but with the high gloss white lacquered frame, the punchy print AND the $129 price tag I wanted them. I decided that they would make good end chairs for my dining room so they came home with me:)

Well, as it sometimes happens they didn't work in the dining room. I can't really tell you why, but they just didn't. I was sad to have to return them so I racked my mind thinking of projects that they might work in.......and then it happened! My office chair that I posted about here was never purchased because I couldn't make up my mind. I took one of them in there and BAAM! Perfection!

Take a look at the new and improved chevron printed Louis XVI style chair that now sits at my desk. Score!




I recently read from some "industry experts" about the trends that are "over" and "passe". Some that topped the list being chevron and Ikat prints. Now admittedly you do see them everywhere, and it is easy to want to see something else so I get it to a point. The problem that I have with this and the same with fashion is that just because someone says something is done and over why should that dictate our love of it? Isn't today's new yesterday's old after all?! Just because something is on trend it doesn't make it always right for us. We have to pick and choose what works and what doesn't.

I say enough of that! Pick something that you love because you love it and not because you are told it is right. Your home and your space should be your favorite place and it should reflect you. There are many ways to mix current trends and make them timeless and relevant for years to come.

I now bring you chevron, here today AND here tomorrow!










What do you think, are you so over chevron or are you happy to see it staying in the mix for 2013?

P.S. the other chair has now found it's new home at the lovely D's house. I'll try to get you some pics of it there as soon as we are finished with the breakfast nook!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Love the chair, desk and everything about the floating shelves. Where are the shelves from?

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B! The shelves are simpy the LACK shelves from Ikea in the 47" length. I absolutely love their floating shelves.

    XOXO,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these chairs as well and thought they were gorgeous! Glad u ended up with one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vivian! You saw them too LOL, well some things never change :)

    XOXO,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete